Wednesday, July 10, 2019

And Sometimes Things Do Get Interesting Years Later.....

And Sometimes Things Do Get Interesting Years Later.....Recently I noticed that Paul Lambertsen's name when combined with My Life showed that Paul Lambertsen has a criminal record and arrests.  That blew my mind away as I can still remember when we were roommates back at the South Rim in 2004 and he was held up by some Native American guy at Trailer Village - I was the one the police spoke to, and not Paul.  And I was so worried that Paul would find out about my record and our friendship would be lost.....LOL LOL LOL.  Interesting how that worked out in retrospect, isn't it?  Wasn't much worth worry about, after all. 

I did wonder however, how  could it be that Paul has a criminal record but yet is able to work at the airport?  He's got two misdemeanor thefts and a public indecency charge on his record along with driving issues - yet he still works for American Airlines, no problem.  I wonder if this is why he is not in flight?  Because the background check process for in flight is stricter, maybe?  And his being hired at American Airlines dates to 2005, well after 2001 and the changes brought about by 9/11.  American Airlines still hired him.  (I have read that they are indeed a felony friendly employer, so who knows?  I would be willing to bet that his being gay helped with his being hired, too, as AA is very gay friendly......and this was before the financial crisis of 2008 so it was easier to get hired cold without knowing someone, plus he was younger then). 

So interesting about Paul, no?  I ran a background check on him for 9.99 charged to my Paypal Credit Account.....it was worth it to find out the truth after all this time.  Now I can let him go.....and what a dick Paul is.  My instinct about him that I tried to bury and not listen to was dead on, it really was.  I am glad now that he is out of my life.  Not because of the background check results but because he is walking and talking instability and emotional issues personified. 

But the life lesson here?  I might as well apply for American Airlines myself....all they can say is no or they can blow me off.  Nothing lost if they do.  I could go to the DES up on North 7th Street....jeepers, can you believe that next month it is 7 years now since I was forced to attend their week long find a job thing?  They were truly no help whatsoever......but maybe now they can help me throw together a resume so that I could attach it to the American Airlines application as more than likely they probably use keywords is my guess, even for a minimum wage job out at the airport.  But honestly, what do I have to lose by applying out there?  So maybe I owe Paul a Thank You in a way......I just went to the AA website and  it doesn't look like they are hiring that much and for nothing like Customer Service in Phoenix.  And it looks like you need a valid DL for the job though I can't for the life of me understand why this would be.  So maybe I could not get that job....but Paul did, for better or worse,  Paul did.  Even with his indecent exposure charge, he still got that job.  The mind reels, no?  I still wonder if this is why he can't work or has not worked in flight as a flight attendant?

At any rate, I kick myself now for worrying about losing Paul's friendship.....I am grateful to have Paul out of my life.  And how funky it is that Paul's got a criminal record!  It fits given the givens and looking back I can see that it fits but at the time I would never have believed it.  I guess what I can do is to apply at the airport but first I'd need to let some time pass to pass the whiz quiz and then of course there would be an intense federal background check.  I'm not sure I'd really want to work at the airport, anyway, truth be told....but it would not hurt to apply with AA, no?  And maybe Prospect, too....all they can do is to say no, but from what I have seen employees working for Prospect do tend to be young.  I could very well get age discriminated out of consideration but it would not hurt to apply, no? 

Very interesting about Paul, though.  I'm glad I know this as it makes me grateful that things ended out as they did.  I'm a bit embarrassed now that I helped him get out of the Canyon and that I clung onto Charlene's place as I did.....Today I would not do so and anyone living the bar life I would politely steer clear of.  I've learned better what does and does not work for me.  And that life over at Charlene's today would not work for me.  At least I know this and understand this now.  Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment